LED Roadway Lighting Ltd. (LRL) is pleased to announce that the NXT-S luminaire has been selected as Best in Class in the 2013 Next Generation Luminaires™ (NGL) Outdoor Lighting Competition (www.ngldc.org). The announcement was made on February 26, 2014 at the Strategies in Light® conference in Santa Clara, California.
The NGL Solid-State Lighting Design Competition is sponsored by the Illuminating Engineering Society, the U.S. Department of Energy, and the International Association of Lighting Designers and "seeks to encourage technical innovation and recognize and promote excellence in the design of energy-efficient LED luminaires". The judging panel selects luminaires on the basis of "appropriate illuminance, light distribution, glare control, aesthetic appearance and style, serviceability and replacement, value, and energy efficiency." The NXT-S luminaire was awarded Best in Class in the Roadway - Local Residential category.
The NXT™ series is designed for performance, reliability, and upgradeability, and is now available in two sizes (NXT-S and NXT-M). Easily removable components allow for future upgrades as technology evolves, prolonging the useful life of lighting infrastructure, and substantially reducing the total cost of ownership. Benefits of the NXT luminaire include:
● Future-proof design allows for upgrade as technology evolves (e.g. improved LED efficiency)
● Tool-less, field-replaceable LED light engine which allows for upgrading of LEDs and field-swapping of optics
● Tool-less, field-replaceable surge module option
● Tool-less, field-replaceable driver
● Smart Street Lighting for Smart Cities: Available with internal or external Smart Grid capabilities with leading industry partners
● Optional built-in sensor that allows LED depreciation to be measured and reported over the service life of the luminaire (requires Lumen IQ™ control system)
LED Roadway Lighting Ltd. is a Canadian-owned and operated clean technology company that designs and manufactures energy efficient LED streetlights and adaptive control solutions. Our goal is to create positive environmental change through the development of future-proof products and sustainable technology solutions. Our LED luminaires are designed to provide on-going maintenance savings, long-term energy savings, and a short return on investment for our customers. Our environmentally friendly luminaires improve safety and lighting quality while reducing energy consumption, light pollution, and carbon emissions. On average, our LED luminaires provide 60% energy savings versus conventional technology. Our smart street lighting products are installed worldwide in more than 60 countries.