LED Roadway Lighting Ltd. is a Canadian-owned and operated clean technology company that designs and manufactures energy efficient LED streetlights and adaptive control solutions.
Founded in 2007, we are headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, with our primary manufacturing facility located in nearby Amherst. Our Canadian manufacturing facility is ISO 9001 certified, and has been producing LED lighting products since 2003. We began commercial production of LED streetlights in 2008 and employ lean manufacturing techniques that ensure efficient production and on-time delivery.
Our international manufacturing capabilities extend to the U.S.A., Mexico, Brazil, United Kingdom, China, and the Caribbean. Our smart street lighting products are installed worldwide in more than 60 countries.
Our goal is to create positive environmental change through the development of future-proof products and sustainable technology solutions. Our LED luminaires are designed to provide on-going maintenance savings, long-term energy savings, and a short return on investment (ROI) for our customers. Our environmentally friendly luminaires improve safety and lighting quality while reducing energy consumption, light pollution, and carbon emissions. On average, our LED luminaires provide 60% energy savings versus conventional technology.
INNOVATION IN DESIGN
Our award-winning products are designed with an emphasis on performance, energy efficiency, reliability, adaptability, and lowest cost of ownership. Our in-house research and development centre is staffed by a team of design experts in the areas of optics, power supplies, adaptive controls, mechanical design, and reliability engineering. We continue to innovate and deliver new products to market including LED luminaires, components, accessories, and a full suite of networked lighting controls. Our design methodology is driven by modular, tool-less, and future-proofed designs which substantially reduce negative environmental impact and on-going maintenance costs. Our products are backed by industry-leading warranties.
We are small enough to be flexible and responsive to your project requirements, yet large enough to support all of your projects now and well into the future. Our in-house technical support and design capabilities combined with international manufacturing locations results in reduced time to market.
FACTS & FIGURES
- Established: 2007
- Company Organization: Privately Held Corporation
- Headquarters: Halifax, NS, Canada
- Design Offices: Halifax, NS & Victoria, BC, Canada
- Manufacturing Locations: Canada, U.S.A., Mexico, Brazil, United Kingdom, China, and the Caribbean.
- RoHS (lead-free) manufacturing certification: 2005
- Number of employees: 270+
- First installation: 2008
- Global Installations: More than 60 countries.
- Support & Representation: Local sales and technical support provided by factory representatives based in Canada, U.S.A., United Kingdom, and Mexico, as well as a network of more than 60 independent rep firms and distributors in Canada, U.S.A., Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, South Africa, and Australia.
- Applications: Street lighting, outdoor area, pathway, building exterior, parking area, security/perimeter, bridges, and tunnels.
- State-of-the-art 55,000 ft2 (5,100 m2) main facility.
- In-house design and manufacturing ensures total process control.
- Electrostatic dissipative (ESD) epoxy flooring to prevent static discharge to
luminaires and components.
- Aegis Factory Logix® manufacturing operations system.
- RoHS (lead and mercury free) manufacturing process.
- High reliability soldering process incorporates nitrogen to ensure the highest
quality solder joints.
- Electronics assembly (3 complete SMT lines).
- Integrating sphere and environmental testing equipment.
- Testing and inspection: lumen output, in-circuit, functional, x-ray, and
XRF lead-free analysis.